1. Disable Unnecessary Startup Programs
Microsoft Windows 8 and 10 users
- Press and hold CTRL + ALT + DEL, then click the Task Manager option. Or press and hold CTRL + Shift + ESC to open the Task Manager directly.
- Click on the Startup tab.
- Select the program you want to stop from loading automatically and click the Disable button.
Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 users
- Click Start, Programs, Startup
- Right-click and delete the file you want to not start automatically.
2. Delete Temp Files
Open startmenu or go to run and type
and delete all the files
If any files are in use and cannot be deleted, they can be skipped.
Go to Run and type cleanmgr (It opens Disk-Cleanup)
Tick all the boxes and click ok and delete files.
3. Check the hard drive health
chkdsk command (Run command prompt as admin) CHKDSK [volume[[path]filename]]] [/F] [/V] [/R] [/X] [/I] [/C] [/L[:size]] [/B] [/scan] [/spotfix]
example - chkdsk c: /f /r /x
For more info...type....chkdsk /?
- sfc command (Run command prompt as admin)
example - sfc /scannow
For more info...type...sfc /?
- Run windows defrag for all drivesUseful article http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001091.htm
4. Scan Your computer For Malware and Viruses
- User Malwarebytes free version to scan and remove all the malwares.
- Scan you pc using following free online virus scanner
- Install latest and updated anti-virus programFew good antivirus programsAvira Bit-defenderAvastAVG
5. Install Latest windows and drivers updates and reboot computer
6. Upgrade HardDrive to SSD (Good for old computers with low memory and cpu)